|| ||Matthias Clasen <mclasen-AT-redhat.com>|
|| ||gtk-app-devel-list-AT-gnome.org, gtk-list-AT-gnome.org,
|| ||GLib 2.7.4 released|
|| ||Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:26:36 -0400|
GLib 2.7.4 is now available for download at:
glib-2.7.4.tar.bz2 md5sum: ae4af9e16eda62dc77df232dd8be7c22
glib-2.7.4.tar.gz md5sum: 291da7986e876d8b65a4461eb47edc60
This is the fifth development release leading up to GLib 2.8.
* This is unstable development release. While it has had
a bit of testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs
remaining to be found. This release should not be used
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GLib 2.6. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GLib 2.6.5.
* GLib 2.8 will be source and binary compatible with
the GLib 2.6.x series. The new API additions in GLib
2.7.x are finalized at this point, and GLib 2.7.x
should be considered API frozen. Unless serious issues
with the new APIs come up, there will be no API
changes between this release and the 2.8.0 release.
* GLib 2.7.3 contains changes which make the reference
counting of and signal emission in GObject thread-safe.
While the patch (see bug 166020) has been subject to
several rounds of review, it would be worthwhile to
pay particular attention to possible problems due to
this change. We will make a final evaluation of the
atomic refcounting changes before releasing 2.8.
* Remaining issues for GLib 2.8 can be found with the
following bugzilla query:
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects
such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C,
portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as
an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at:
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can
be found at:
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.7.3 to GLib 2.7.4
* Fix g_atomic_pointer_compare_and_exchange
on Sparc64 [Gert Doering]
* Fix a hang in g_thread_pool_free. [Hong Jen Yee]
* Win32 bug fixes [Tor Lillquist]
* Other bug fixes [Benoit Dejean, Manish Singh]
* Documentation improvements [Bryan Silverthorn,
* New and updated translations (de,lt,sq,zh_CN)
A list of all bugs fixed in this release can be found at
July 22, 2005
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)