More detailed instructions
Posted Apr 24, 2005 14:55 UTC (Sun) by jvotaw
Parent article: A very quick guide to starting with git
Went through the install just now and found a few minor things you might want to do when installing:
1. Looks like the new place for git-pasky is http://kernel.org/pub/software/scm/cogito/git-pasky-0.7.t...
2. Make sure you have the zlib headers installed on your system
3. Edit the Makefile and change "prefix" to something nice, like /usr/local
4. Add . to your path
5. Do a "make; make install" and you'll have git in /usr/local/bin, ready to use
6. Make a directory for the kernel (e.g., /usr/src/linux-2.6.git), cd in there, and download the kernel source ("git init rsync://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/torvalds/linux-2.6.git/"). It won't make a subdirectory, but instead will populate the current working directory with the kernel source.
to post comments)