|| ||Conrad Parker <conrad-AT-metadecks.org>|
|| ||libannodex 0.6.2 Release|
|| ||Fri, 15 Apr 2005 00:23:42 +1000|
|| ||theora-dev-AT-xiph.org, lwn-AT-lwn.net|
libannodex 0.6.2 Release
libannodex is a C library providing a simple programming interface for reading
and writing Annodex media. Annodex is an open standards based technology that
extends the World Wide Web's hyperlinking, searching, and compositing
infrastructure to time-continuous data, enabling video surfing, searching for
clips of audio and video files using ordinary Web search engines, and
on-the-fly composition of a video on a Web server from previously annodexed
clips. For more information on Annodex, see http://www.annodex.net/
This release is available as a source tarball at:
New in this release:
* added new anx_get_duration() and anx_get_bitrate() API calls
* added new anx_get_clip_time_by_id() API call
* added new anx_get_mode() API call (ticket:92)
* added duration and bitrate display to anxinfo tool
* added --id argument to anxed, for remuxing from named offset
* fix some floating point rounding errors which caused clips to
be served about 0.1s late
* valgrind-induced cleanups in anxgrep
* Closed tickets:
#78: broken importing of anxv2 files
#88: offset links are screwy when importing some old files
#94: some time offsets skip the keyframe
#96: theora frame 0 is served on time offsets and shouldn't be
#97: bug in clip offsetting
#100: certain videos contain a corrupted <head> CMML packet
#103: libannodex: CMML clips slightly out of order
* updated libtool shared version info to 3:0:3
The libannodex source distribution comprises the C library libannodex,
plugins for importing CMML and Ogg media (Theora, Vorbis and Speex), and
the command-line tools anxenc, anxrip, anxgrep and anxinfo.
libannodex provides the following features:
* API documentation, with comprehensive examples
* Developed and tested on GNU/Linux, Darwin/MacOSX and Win32. May
work on other Unix-like systems via GNU autoconf. For Win32: nmake
Makefiles, Visual Studio .NET 2003 solution files and Visual C++ 6.0
workspace files are provided in the source distribution.
* A simple, callback based open/read/close or open/write/close
interface to Annodex media and embedded CMML clips.
* Plugin based importing framework, providing temporal interleaving
of multiple media and annotations data sources.
Full documentation of the libannodex API, customization and installation,
and reading and writing examples can be read online at:
The libannodex source tarball also contains the following command-line tools,
which are useful for creating and inspecting Annodex media:
* anxenc: Encapsulate annotations and data into annodexed media.
* anxrip: Extract annotations and data tracks from annodexed media.
* anxgrep: Search for a pattern in annodexed media files.
* anxinfo: Display information about annodexed media contents.
libannodex is Free Software, available under a BSD style license.
More information is available online at the libannodex homepage:
Senior Software Engineer, Continuous Media Web, CSIRO Australia
to post comments)