How to Kill Linux (PC Magazine)
Posted Feb 25, 2005 17:09 UTC (Fri) by hathawsh
In reply to: How to Kill Linux (PC Magazine)
Parent article: How to Kill Linux (PC Magazine)
Many users switched to Linux for those reasons, but many others have switched because today's Linux desktop is superior in many ways. Right out of the box, the Linux newbie gets:
- office suites
- browser, email client, etc.
- lots of games, including educational games
- graphics, video, and audio editing
- tools for building web sites
- secure remote access and management
- an extremely reliable command line, should you need it
Dvorak is talking about trying to sway the users who have switched (or are switching) to Linux because the Linux apps are better. Seriously--once you're accustomed to Linux, Windows apps seem immature.
to post comments)