|| ||[PATCH 0/3] MidLayer updates|
|| ||Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:02:58 -0500|
The following 3 patches extend the scsi midlayer. Changes were prompted
by recent discussions with Christoph as part of the Emulex driver thread.
Updates the recent transport container patch for :
- allow device driver-specific attributes to be added to class objects
- exposes classdev to transport via setup function
Adds io statistics (requests, completions, error count) as generic
attributes for scsi devices.
This patch extends scsi_target support:
- Allows for driver-specific data to be allocated along with the
target structure and accessible via the starget->hostdata pointer.
- Adds scsi target alloc/configure/destory callbacks to the
scsi host template.
- Rearranges the calling sequences for scsi targets so that the
target and slave alloc/configure/destory callbacks are in
order (target before slave on alloc/configure).
Although bad form, as there's so much churn in this area, the following
- Patches were created against scsi-rc-fixes-2.6 bitkeeper tree.
- Patch 1 depends on Mike Christies patch
-- James S
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-scsi" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html