|| ||Martins Krikis <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|| ||[ANNOUNCE] "iswraid" (ICHxR ataraid sub-driver) for 2.4.29|
|| ||28 Jan 2005 20:15:04 -0500|
|| ||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
Version 0.1.5 of the Intel Sofware RAID driver (iswraid) is now
available for the 2.4 series kernels at
It is an ataraid "subdriver" but uses the SCSI subsystem to find the
RAID member disks. It depends on the libata library, particularly on
either the ata_piix or the ahci driver, that enable the Serial ATA
capabilities in ICH5/ICH6/ICH7 chipsets. More information is available
at the project's home page at http://iswraid.sourceforge.net/.
Driver documentation is included in Documentation/iswraid.txt,
which is part of the patch. The license is GPL.
The changes WRT version 0.1.4.3 are the following:
* Resource deallocation bug fixed for failed initializations.
* Read IO resubmission to mirror bug fixed.
* RAID1E (covers 4-disk RAID10) code added.
* More aggressive marking disks as bad in metadata.
* Claiming disks for RAID "feature" removed.
* Option defaults now customizable from the build configuration.
* iswraid_never_fail "feature" watered down into iswraid_resist_failing.
* iswraid_halt_degraded now prevents degraded volumes from being registered.
* Debug printouts more customizable.
* Some code cleanup and optimization.
* Documentation changes.
Please consider this driver for inclusion in the 2.4 kernel tree.
Storage Components Division
P.S. I've CC-d directly to the potential reviewers suggested a few months ago
by Marcelo. I'll appreciate any feedback you (and others) can provide.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/