differences between editions - a correction
Posted Jan 20, 2005 11:56 UTC (Thu) by plink
Parent article: A Look at Xandros Desktop 3
I haven't had time to read the review thoroughly, but I wanted to get a correction in quickly. There are a number of differences between the standard and deluxe editions. I copied the items below straight from the Xandros web site:
* Xandros Desktop OS Standard Edition does not include CodeWeavers CrossOver Office so you are not able to run any Windows compatible applications on Xandros Desktop.
* Xandros Desktop OS Standard Edition does not include the ability to encrypt your home folders.
* Xandros Desktop OS Standard Edition does not include the ability to connect to remote networks through a PPTP VPN.
* Xandros Desktop OS Standard Edition does not include the second CD which contains additional applications.
* No software manual is included with the Standard Edition, but you receive an 10 page quick-start guide and have full on-line help in the software.
* With the Standard Edition, you are entitled to 30 days of installation technical support via e-mail.
In my opinion, the software manual is a big difference, even though you can buy it separately.
When I get another moment, I'll read the review in more depth. I just wanted to get those facts across before anyone makes a purchase decision.
to post comments)