|| ||"Dave Page" <dpage-AT-vale-housing.co.uk>|
|| ||<pgsql-announce-AT-postgresql.org>, <pgadmin-support-AT-postgresql.org>|
|| ||[ANNOUNCE] pgAdmin III 1.2.0 Released|
|| ||Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:46:36 -0000|
The pgAdmin Development Team are proud to announce the release of
v1.2.0. This is a major new release of pgAdmin following a year of
work by various contributors.
pgAdmin is the most popular GUI PostgreSQL administration and management
with native support for Windows and Linux/FreeBSD. It includes the
- Schema browsing of all PostgreSQL object types.
- Object creation/properties dialogues.
- Threaded ad-hoc query tool with EXPLAIN support.
- Table data view/edit tool.
- SSL support.
- Ability to connect and browse multiple servers at once.
- Support for Unicode databases.
- UI Translations into over 20 languages.
Summary of major changes:
- PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Support
- Improved dialogue sizing based on font metrics.
- Server status windows now displays locks.
- The query tool can output results directly to a file.
- Data may be sorted and filtered in the Edit Grid.
- Column statistics are now supported.
- Refencing/referenced objects for each object may be viewed.
- Functions can be viewed and created with class datatypes.
- Lost database connections are now handled more gracefully.
- Added the ability to control local database services.
- Tablespace support.
- Added a permissions GRANT tool.
- Display of server logfiles (with server contrib package).
- Rows from the edit grid and query tool may be copied to the clipboard.
- Database backup and restore.
- Countless other bug fixes and minor improvements.
For a complete list of changes, please see the changelog at:
pgAdmin III is freely available under the Artistic Licence, and may be
downloaded from one of the mirror sites listed at
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the developers,
packagers and translators for their hard work over the last year.
---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to firstname.lastname@example.org
to post comments)