|| ||digikam-devel-AT-lists.sourceforge.net, digikam-users-AT-lists.sourceforge.net,
|| ||[kde-announce] digikam 0.7 released|
|| ||Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:12:30 +0100 (CET)|
The digiKam team is pleased to announce digiKam version 0.7.
digiKam is a digital photo management application for KDE, which makes
importing and organizing digital photos a "snap". The photos can be
organized in albums which can be sorted chronologically, by directory
layout or by custom collections. An easy to use interface is provided
that enables you to connect to your camera and preview, download and/or
delete your images.
The tarballs can be downloaded from
********* Key New features
* Reliable and fast database (sqlite) backend for saving metadata
* Tagging support for photos.
* Tags are grouped together as virtual folders shown similar to albums.
* Extensive drag and drop support for tagging and moving/copying photos
* Enhanced camera interface with support for automatic photo rotation
renaming of photos while downloading.
* EXIF support with optional oriented display of thumbnails and photos
using camera provided information
* Customizable thumbnails for albums and tags
* Support for nested albums
* Tooltips providing detailed photo information
* Themeing support for digiKam
* KIPI support for enhanced plugin support. KIPI is an initiative
various KDE image management applications to provide a common
architecture for implementing image based plugins. Currently
plugins and other details can be found at:
* New fast image viewer and editor which uses its own plugin
to provide various additional functionalities in addition to the usual
gamma/contrast/brightness adjustments, rotation, resize functions.
of the plugins supplied with digiKam are:
- Histogram Viewer
- Red Eye correction
- Black & White and Sepia conversion
- Blurring and sharpening
- RGB color correction
- Hue/Saturation/Lightness correction
- Normalize and Equalize
* Highly improved thumbnail loading speed.
* Lots more ... visit this link to see a more detailed list of changes
kde-announce mailing list
to post comments)