|| ||Dafydd Harries <daf-AT-muse.19inch.net>|
|| ||alexandria-list-AT-rubyforge.org, gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org,
|| ||Alexandria 0.4.0|
|| ||Fri, 5 Nov 2004 22:32:25 +0000|
Alexandria 0.4.0 has been released!
Alexandria is a GNOME application to help you manage your book
More information about Alexandria is available at the website:
About this Release
This is a major release adding many new features and fixing many bugs.
Sadly, due to a problem with the Ruby-GetText library, translations were
not updated for this release. Hopefully, we'll be able to make another
release soon which fixes this problem.
* export libraries into ONIX, Tellico and ISBN-list formats ;
* import libraries from Tellico and ISBN-list formats ;
* a provider to the Barnes and Noble (bn.com) library has been added ;
* CueCat (R) barcode support ;
* manual addition of books ;
* allow the edition of all fields of the properties of a book (including cover
* move books between libraries ;
* display online information (amazon, proxis, bn) for a book ;
* improved the usability of the Add Book dialog (the ISBN text entry grabs the
focus at the beginning, the criterion is automatically selected upon clicks
on insensitive widgets, the edition and publisher are appened in the search
result list for books that have the same title and authors) ;
* migration to the new GTK UI manager and file selector widgets.
* modified the ISBN text entry to allow 18 characters (extended EAN)
instead of 13 ;
* bin/alexandria is now automatically generated by the installer, this
fixes a bug in the #! line (/usr/bin/env could not pass a parameter to Ruby) ;
* squeezed extra space characters in the data given by Amazon ;
* fixed the ISBN validation code for numbers that end with an X ;
* recorded the maximize state of the main window in GConf ;
* fixed the default rating to 0 instead of 3 (0 means unrated) ;
* erases the 'http_proxy' environment variable if its content is invalid ;
* show an error message when trying to rename a library to an empty name, or to
a name that is already used by another library.
* Joachim Breitner (de) ;
* Miguel Angel Garcia (es).
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)