|| ||Jaap Haitsma <jaap-AT-haitsma.org>|
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org, gnomefx-AT-mozdev.org|
|| ||Announce: GNOME-Fx 0.10.1: "GNOME Firefox themes"|
|| ||Wed, 03 Nov 2004 14:19:36 +0100|
I'm pleased to announce the availability of the GNOME-Fx 0.10.1 themes
for Mozilla Firefox 0.10 (I hope to release a version for Firefox 1.0
next week). The GNOME-Fx themes try to make Firefox look like a native
GNOME application. Version 0.10.1 is a huge improvement because the
themes use more native looking GTK widgets and also the help is GNOMEized.
There are currently 3 themes
* GNOME-Fx: it uses green GTK icons and blends for example well in with
the default theme of GNOME 2.6 and the default Ubuntu theme
* GNOME-Fx-blue: it uses blue GTK icons and blends for example well in
with the Glider (SmoothGNOME) and the Indubstrial theme.
* GNOME-Fx-Simple: especially designed to work with the GNOME Simple
theme. It's basically GNOME-Fx with a patch to get the menu's to work
correctly in the Simple theme
Download / Install / Homepage
* Toolbar now follows the GNOME theme
* Menus now behave like they do in a GNOME app.
* OK button looks more GNOMEish
* Release of GNOME-Fx-Simple which integrates well with the Simple GNOME
* Address bar dropdown box now has correct background color
* Help uses GNOME icons and the interface is also more GNOME like
* Wrap icon looks more GNOMEish
* Tabs now look more GNOMEish.
* Insensitive/disabled buttons now have exactly the same look as they
have in GNOME. Made a GIMP plugin for generating these images, which you
can download from the GNOME-Fx homepage
* Touched up the green small reload icon for GNOME-Fx
* Icons for warning, question and error in dialogs are now 48x48 instead
* Groupboxes are now HIG conformant. Instead of boxes bold text and
indentation are used.
* Tree now has a GNOME look
If you have any improvements (better icons/ new icons etc) or comments
please send them to the gnomefx mailinglist. See
GNOME-Fx versioning follows the versioning scheme of Firefox. So the
first two numbers of the GNOME-Fx version indicate for which version of
Firefox the theme is.
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)