|| ||christophe varoqui <email@example.com>|
|| ||device-mapper development <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||[ANNOUNCE] multipath-tools-0.3.6|
|| ||Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:08:37 +0100|
|| ||"email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
here goes multipath-tools-0.3.6
Another round of changes and bugfixes. A step further to actually use
the priority framework.
I'm glad to announce Patrick Caulfield agreed to take care of Debian
packaging, thanks again.
Thanks to LTP people too : if only I had noticed before they provide
nice example of clone usage, I would have saved me a lot of headache.
Still, there are bugreports left in this area.
Full ChangeLog for the release :
* Patrick Caulfield took over debian packaging. Showing
evident expertise, his first wish is to see debian/
disappear. :) So be it.
* [libmultipath] add a vector_foreach_slot macro. Still
needs an iterator but saves 1 line per loop occurence and
tame this UPPERCASE MACROS bad taste.
* [multipathd] don't load sg anymore on multipathd startup
* [multipathd] change killall for kill `cat $PIDFILE` in
init script (Jaime Peñalba & Cesar Solera)
* [multipathd] the fork fallback was borked (just exiting)
noticed by Jaime Peñalba & Cesar Solera
* [multipathd] try without the FLOATING_STACKS flag. Does
it matter anyway ?
* [multipathd] merge clone_platform.h from LTP and cover
the hppa special case.
* [multipath] since we will be able to create a devmap with
paths too small, don't rely anymore on the first path's
size blindly : verify the path is up, before assigning its
size to the multipath
* [priority] add a path priority fetcher to balance LU accross
controlers based on the controler serial detection. Untested
but provides a good example of what can be done with the
* [priority] create subdir and drop a test pp_random
* [multipath] add dev_t reporting to print_path() to ease
devmap decoding by humans
* [multipath] change default path priority to 1
* [multipath] add wits to the sort_by_prio policy, so that
sort_pathvec_by_prio() is now useless. Remove it.
* [multipath] invert sort_pg_by_summed_prio sort order :
highest prio leftmost
* [libmultipath] add vector_del_slot
* revert multipath.rules change : devmap_name still takes
"major minor" and not "major:minor" as argument
* Makefile refinement : you can now enter any tool directory
and build from here, deps are solved
As usual, doc and download at :
christophe varoqui <email@example.com>
This SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Sybase ASE Linux Express Edition - download now for FREE
LinuxWorld Reader's Choice Award Winner for best database on Linux.
Linux-hotplug-devel mailing list http://linux-hotplug.sourceforge.net