|| ||Lars Lindner <lars.lindner-AT-gmx.net>|
|| ||ANNOUNCE: Liferea 0.6.1|
|| ||Mon, 01 Nov 2004 00:06:35 +0100|
Liferea (Linux Feed Reader) is a fast, easy to use, and easy to install
GNOME news aggregator for online news feeds. It supports a number of
different feed formats including RSS/RDF, CDF, Atom, OCS, and OPML.
* Changed the handling of updated items. Previously the
read status of updated items was set to unread. This
was very inconvenient because of a lot of buggy feeds
with non-unique item ids which caused continuously
unread but unchanged items. Now an update flag is set
and the item is shown in bold dark gray color in the
item list. An updated item does not count in the
unread counter anymore.
I hope this improves usability with broken feeds.
* Finally made the condensed mode a permanent feed state.
Just select it once and the feed you like to read in
this mode will stay this way until you switch it off.
* Improvement to the itemlist viewing mode switching.
Now the HTML rendering widget isn't destroyed each
time the mode is switched but reused.
* IPv6 Support. (Christoph Hohmann)
* Support for broken web-servers and proxies that use
chunked encoding. (Alex Myltsev)
* A feed update now does not reset the item list focus
or selection anymore. (Lars Lindner)
* Applied HIG rule for "..." in menu labels.
* Changed "New Subscription" menu icon to "+" sign
like it is in the toolbar. (Bram Senders)
* Added a Technorati link like Sage has. (Lars Lindner)
* The feed description of a subscription with a command
as source does not show the command string anymore.
This is to avoid showing sensitive information.
* Liferea now has a global feed update interval setting.
This setting defines the update behaviour of a feed
for which neither you or the feed provider did define
a feed specific update interval. There is also a new
option in the feed properties to disable automatic
updates of the feed. (Lars Lindner)
* Added a button in the preferences to force an update
of all feed favicons. (Amit D. Chaudhary)
* Liferea now prevents the update of vfolders when you
request the update of all feeds. This bug changed the
vfolder state to unavailable. (Lars Lindner)
* Fix for a HTML layout problem where big images could
misalign the item footer and following items.
* Finally corrected the inverted sorting order of
the date column. But this means that you have to
reset the sort order of all your feeds once. Sorry
about that! (Lars Lindner)
* The handling of the default update interval information
of feeds was broken so the properties dialog never
showed the value. This is fixed now. (Lars Lindner)
* Fixed a bug on with non-blocking sockets and Solaris8.
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)