|| ||Mike Waychison <email@example.com>|
|| ||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|| ||[PATCH 0/28] Autofs NG Patchset 0.2|
|| ||Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:38:29 -0400|
The following patchset (against 2.6.9) is a breakdown of all the changes
required to support autofng (currently hosted at http://autofsng.bkbits.net/).
I'm posting this patchset to get more people's eyes on the code.
The series consists of core vfs changes as well as a couple small changes to
the call_usermodehelper interface. I've also sent the autofsng filesystem as a single patch to introduce it seperated from the rest of the changes.
This isn't ready for inclusion as there are bound to be errors and the
interfaces described haven't settled.
Please review / test / comment / flame.
- drop an export with no intree users
- give vfsmount->mnt_fslink a more appropriate name
- pull expiry stuff that was recently added to be contained within vfs
- don't let ops on the root of a mountpoint affect expiry timeouts
- mountpoint expiry now has configurable timeouts
- allow for atomic expiry of subtrees of mountpoints
- update AFS to use new expiry interface
- drop unused old expiry interface (MNT_EXPIRE flag to umount(2))
- fix up the expiry semantics and document them
- move next_mnt() in preparation for later patches
- allow subtrees of mountpoints to not be bound to a struct namespace
- remove the now bogus check_mnt calls (bogus with detachable_subtree.diff)
- introduce 'soft' reference counts that don't affect umount(2) == EBUSY
- introduce the mountfd() syscall
- add unmount functionality to mountfd interface
- add attach interface to mountfd interface
- allow for userspace to walk a tree of mountfds
- allow for reading properties of a mountfd
- give vfs expiry an interface through mountfds
- add a way to have a caller of call_usermodehelper get a callback before
- quick hack that allows for execve to be called without having to define
- autofsng wants to call put_namespace. export it.
- autofsng wants get_sb_pseudo.
- update follow_link logic to pass the right vfsmount to follow_link on root
- hack - statfs doesn't follow symlink on last component.
- allow umount to not follow symlink on last component.
- dummy interface to expiry testing
- big patch for autofsng.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/