|| ||Lucas Di Pentima <lucas-AT-lunix.com.ar>|
|| ||ANNOUNCE: GNOME War Pad 0.3.3|
|| ||Mon, 18 Oct 2004 02:27:33 -0300|
GNOME War Pad 0.3.3
A 'VGA Planets' client for the GNOME platform. VGA Planets is a
turn-based space strategy game that can be played by 11 players at once.
This game is being played since Fidonet times, and have lots of fans
that still play on those old DOS clients, it's time for a GNU/Linux one :-)
* Message reader uses colored headers according to the message body.
(bad news, good news, etc...)
* Added 'check' unit testing framework to build system with some basic
* New Python plugin architecture added to the environment: it features a
plugin manager, a plugins menu, a plugin navigator and two test plugins
(ship finder and ship list browser).
* GWP now uses at least autoconf 1.7.
* French translation added.
* German translation updated.
* Spanish translation updated.
* Plugin system can load user plugins from ~/.gwp/plugins/
* Added some functions to gwp Python module for use within plugins.
* A first version of the Visual Combat Recording (VCR) - which can now
read the vcrX.dat files and replay the combats visually.
* The plugin manager features an 'event hub' to broadcast all
application events to its registered plugins.
* Planets and ships emit an event when selected.
* The game state sybsystem saves the registered plugins list so that the
next GWP run those plugins will automatically be initialized for every
* Game manager was polished: game icon's labels show the turn number of
every game, and its application bar shows the number of defined games.
* Started works to migrate to a Model-View-Controller kind of design.
* Online help was updated and expanded to include GWP's new features.
* Game state subsystem re-written to be more easily managed.
* Several code cleanups regarding old game state structure.
* Iconlist on game manager doesn't segfault anymore when arrow keys are
pressed. Also, hitting Return will open the selected game.
* Annoying toolbar is gone, its functions were moved to the 'View' menu.
* Zoom level corrected, now X and Y coordinates are restored correctly
when zoom is not 100%.
* a,w,d,s keys for starchart scrolling were changed to arrow keys.
* Online help now it's loaded pressing the F1 key.
* Online help now works correctly again.
GNOME Software Map entry
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)