|| ||Mickael Remond <mickael.remond-AT-erlang-fr.org>|
|| ||Language section: Erlang (Forrest Cook)|
|| ||Wed, 13 Oct 2004 23:03:49 +0200|
/OTP R10B has been published
I just wanted to let you know that Erlang/OTP R10B has been published.
Erlang is a concurrency-oriented development environment that is
particularly suited to develop scalable, distributed and fault-tolerant
This is a major release. Several improvements have been made to the
- The performance has been increased regarding process management. The
maximum number of simultaneous process on a given virtual machine has
been increased. You can now create 268435456 lightweight processus.
- A new tutorial has been included in this release and is particularly
useful to start programming with the Erlang environment.
- the try ... catch syntax has been added to the language
- A new syntax called "Query List Comprehensions" has been added. This
syntax can be used to request the Mnesia database.
- Several new applications have been added: XMerl (XML parser) et Edoc
(Erlang code documentation generator)
- The Erlang shell has been improved and now supports record directly in
This release can be downloaded from http://www.erlang.org/
Have fun !
to post comments)