|| ||Stephan Richter <stephan.richter-AT-tufts.edu>|
|| ||Zope X3 3.0.0 RC 2 released|
|| ||Tue, 5 Oct 2004 16:27:37 -0400|
Hello Python community,
The Zope 3 development team is proud to announce the second
release candidate for Zope X3 3.0.0. Hopefully this will be
the last one.
Zope X3 is the next major Zope release and has been written
from scratch based on the latest software design patterns and
the experiences of Zope 2. The "X" in the name stands for
"experimental", since this release does not try to provide
any backward-compatibility to Zope 2.
Installation instructions for both Windows and Un*x/Linux
are now available in the top level README.txt of the
distribution. The binary installer is recommended for Windows.
Changes since RC 1
- A security related bug was fixed. See the
- Fixed a bug that would crash the API Doc tool, if no default skin
- Fixed a couple of typos in the documentation.
- Updated to latest version of the ZODB, version 3.3 final.
- The 'zope.app.observable' package was removed from the release,
since it was unusable.
- The 'zope.app.i18nfile' package was removed, since it was always
just a demo to demonstrate the internationalization of content.
However, it has not been maintained with regard to recent changes
and does not function properly anymore, so we decided to remove it.
- Updated translations.
the Zope 3 Development Team
Support the Python Software Foundation:
to post comments)